Super Easy Veggie Quiche


We had quiche for dinner. I got the basic recipe from Coles Spring Magazine 2010, but I made some alteration to suit to our family's taste.  It is called 'Super Easy Asparagus Pie' in there.  I don't know why they call it a pie, because it is actually a quiche.  To me, so long the recipe is easy and it tastes good, then I wouldn't mind whether that is a quiche or a pie.

Ingredients:

  • 1 cup milk + 1 cup water (original recipe calls for 2 cups milk without the water)
  • 4 eggs
  • 1 cup grated cheese
  • 3/4 plain flour
  • 1 onion, chopped (I fried until golden brown)
  • 100g ham, chopped
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • About 300g Broccoli, cauliflower and broc-cauli florets which are enough to cover the baking tray (Original recipe calls for 2 bunches asparagus, ends trimmed)

Procedure:

  1. Whisk eggs, milk, water, plain flour and salt until combined and no lumps.
  2. Stir through cheese, onion and ham.
  3. Arrange all the florets on the baking tray.
  4. Pour the mixture evenly on the florets.
  5. Bake at 175C for 35 min or until set (I spooned mine into 2 smaller trays,so mine was cooked in shorter time).

Serve hot with green salad.  Yum!

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment