Pickles for Teo Chew Porridge 来碗粥吧...


Weather is getting hotter and stomach is feeling less hungry now... So, it's porridge time.  I usually cook a pot of Tao Yu Bak for the kids.  While boiling the Tau Yu Bak, I'll make the above pickles for myself.  I like it because the veggies are very crunchy and I find it very refreshing.  I got the original recipe from Puay Img years back.....

Ingredients:
  • 2 tbsp dried prawn
  • 1 big red chili / a few chili padi
  • 1 small onion / a few shallots
  • 2 cloves garlic
  • 1 small lemon
  • 1 tsp sugar
  • 1/2 tsp salt

Procedure:
  1. Chop the first 4 ingredients.
  2. Add the lemon juice, sugar and salt.  Mix well.
  3. Keep in the fridge for 2 hours.

See, as easy as 1 2 3 :-)

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment