Easy Dried Prawn Floss 自创虾鬆



My auntie told me before, 'Chicken floss is very easy to make, just fry the cooked chicken breast with soy sauce and sugar in a low heat, then it will become chicken floss!'  That easy?  I am not sure, I haven't tried it before. 

Just now, I was trying to fry grind dried prawn to make the 'Salted Black Bean for porridge' again.  I was thinking of preparing a little bit more so that I can keep it for next time too. Half way through, my imagination gone wild again, how about making it into dried prawn floss instead.....

Ingredients:

  • 2 cup dried prawn - grind them (Note:  It has too be really fine to avoid the 'rocky' feeling)
  • about 1/2 cup of cooking oil
  • 2 tbsp soy sauce
  • 3 tbsp sugar

Procedure:

  1. Heat up the wok and then the oil.
  2. Fry the grinded dried prawn until it turns a bit brownish and smells good with low heat.
  3. Add soy sauce and sugar.
  4. Continue frying sugar has caramelised and prawn floss turns a bit crispy.
  5. Let it cool down then sttore in an air-tight container.

We had it with porridge just now.  The kids are very happy :O

They enjoy the prawn floss while we enjoy the salted black bean!

Ning says,' White porridge tastes better tonight....'

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment