How to use Coffee Grounds in the garden


Do you throw away all the used coffee grounds?  If you do grow some plants and have some holes on leaves, do keep the used coffee grounds next time.  It is useful.

Just sprinkle the coffee grounds onto the infected leaves. According to what was explained in Gardening  Australia, once the worms accidentally eat the coffee grounds, the caffeine will go into their 'blood stream' and kill them.

I usually keep the coffee grounds until about a small bowlful, then, I'll sprinkle it onto my mint.  Personally, I find that it is only about 70% effective comparing to real chemical pesticides.  However, I am 100% sure that it is not toxic.  So, I don't mind if there are still some small holes on the mint leaves.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment