When Malaysian meet Japanese : )


When I think of Japanese food, I will think of sushi.  When I think of my home town food, I will think of sambal.  So, last Friday, I created 'Sambal Sushi' for dinner.  Ho Chiak! (Means delicious in Hokkien)

Ingredients:

  • 3 cups sushi rice (I used Jasmine rice and cook in a little bit more water, it works for me)
  • water for cooking rice
  • 1/4 - 1/3 cup rice vinegar
  • 2 - 3 tbsp sugar
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 6 sheets of seaweed
  • 12 sticks of cucumber
  • 12 slices Spam
  • sambal - varies according to your own taste

Procedure:

  1. Stir sugar and salt in vinegar until dissolved.
  2. Pour it over fluffed cooked sushi rice and mix well.
  3. Lay one seaweed on sushi mat. 
  4. Add sushi rice, spread 3 tsp sambal at the middle and length wise on the rice, add 2 slices Spam and 2 cucumber stick.  Roll it into sushi log.
  5. Repeat the rest.

Cut and serve.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment